1. 48 Hour Fever Free
- No one is permitted to attend class, rehearsals or events unless they are Fever Free for 48 hours.
2. 6 and Unders
- Students 6 and under must be potty trained to enroll in classes at PDD and must be dropped off to his or her classroom by one parent at the start of class. Students 6 and under that can bathroom himself or herself do not need a parent to stay at the studio during class.
- Performers and Families will be of good moral character, not using foul language or engaging in any activity that is not upholding the standards of Pas De Deux at all times. We have a no tolerance policy for physical or verbal assault to any child, parent or staff member. Only Performers, Choreographers, Directors, Teachers, Staff and Talent are allowed in the classrooms. Pas De Deux reserves the right to release any performer or family that does not abide by these and any other rules listed in newsletters, emails, brochures, and/or posted at the studio.
- For the safety of your child and others, do not wear Jewelry to class.
- Performers and parents/guardians will not hold Pas De Deux Hawaii, LLC Members, Staff, Producers, Directors and Program Coordinators liable for injury or death while taking classes, taking part in events, recitals or rehearsals and any other time they are at Pas De Deux's place of business or other affiliated events.
Studio Capacity Limit:
Families should limit the number of family members that stay to observe their child’s class to one parent or guardian. This includes siblings if possible.
Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of their class.
Students who are not picked up within 15 minutes from the end of their registered class is subject to the late pick up fee of $1 per minute.
Parents should eat their dinner or meals outside using the tables and seating areas. Please do not have your family dinners in the studio waiting areas.
Keep doorways, walkways, and emergency exits clear at all times.
Keep stairwell clear. Do not sit on stairs or stand to observe classes from stairs.
Please do not sit on the walkway floors and stairs. If there are no chairs in an waiting area, it is to keep the walkway clear for foot traffic.
- Industrial Zone - Park at your own risk. Pas De Deux Hawaii, Landlords and surrounding businesses will not be held liable for damage. (View Parking Rules
7. Photo Waiver
- Pas De Deux reserves the right to photograph performers in classes and rehearsals, during performances, concerts and events for the use of marketing and publicity. Your child's first and last name will only be used for artist development and promotion, ie programs.
8. Studio Closures Due To Weather or Unforeseen Events
- No refunds, credits, or make-ups on group classes cancelled due to inclement weather or other unforeseen/uncontrollable events. Private vocal lessons can be refunded or credited.
9. TV/Film/Video Release
- All rehearsals and scheduled dance, music or theatre classes and performances in front of or without a live studio audience will be video recorded for future programming on Television, Film and or Video and may be sold by and through Pas De Deux with an unlimited international release with no restrictions or payment to talent or subjects unless otherwise noted or negotiated.
- Performers will purchase and wear the assigned class uniform clothing and shoes at PDD for all classes enrolled in and have hair fixed properly for their genre.
11. Vacation Policy
- If a performer goes on vacation and notifies Pas De Deux in writing, we will hold your spot in the class as long as tuition is paid in full and on-time. Performers are able to attend make-up classes upon their return as long as the performer follows the Make-up class policy. If a performer drops the class for a vacation we cannot guarantee a spot in the desired class upon returning from vacation. If a class is near full in this situation, a performer should expect to be placed on the waitlist upon return.
*Registration Fee - Applicable to New Students and students that are returning after dropping classes for 30 days or more.
12. Additional Fees - At times, there will be additional fees not included in normal monthly classes that include, but is not limited to: performance fees, tickets and costume fees.
13. Automatic Billing - Payment information for Auto-Pay will be required for all accounts. Auto-pay charges will be processed on the 28th of each month. If families wish to pay by another method other than their card on file, they can do so anytime between the 21st-27th before auto-pay is processed. Class Costs and Registration are due upon sign up and monthly class billing is due on the first of every month. All accounts must be kept current. Classes are billed and statements are emailed on the 21st of the month prior to which amounts billed are due. The late fee will be 15% of the account balance and applies to any balance/fees (tuition, costume, registration, etc.). Performers with any balance from the 8th-20th will NOT be allowed to take class. Teachers will send the student to the front desk to wait for parents.
14. Dollar Jar Program - Performers may be charged a dollar if they don't show up to class or rehearsal on time (5 minute grace period), who arrive to class not in uniform, with hair not properly done or with no shoes. $1 charge if 10-14minutes late. $1 charge and marked absent if 15+ minutes late. We will give two warnings to performers that show up 15+ minutes late before marking them absent. Dollar jar charges will no longer be added to accounts in order to prevent balances appearing mid-month. Dollar jars will be put in each dance room for performers to deposit money into when they are charged. If performers do not have money with them, an I.O.U will be placed in the dollar jar by the teacher and charges will be posted to statements on the 21st of each month.
15. Email Address Required - PDD directors, staff, producers, coordinators and front desk administration communicates mainly through email by sending information on current news/updates, as well as monthly billing statements. Email addresses, as well as other registration information will be kept current and all changes will be reported to the front desk so accounts can be updated as needed.
16. No Refund Policy - Tuition and registration fees are NONREFUNDABLE. Notification to withdraw from class must be received in writing by the 15th of the month in order to stop tuition payment for the following month. No exceptions. There is no refund for missed sessions. Pas De Deux offers make-up sessions as long as they are taken within a month of the missed sessions. Trials are strongly encouraged prior to registering and paying for fees.
- Performer must attend 90% of regularly scheduled classes and rehearsals. If a performer does not attend class in 3 consecutive weeks without written notification of a trip, sickness or injury, they will be automatically dropped from the cast, daily call sheet and class billing will be due for classes missed.
18. Class Participation Requirement
- Performers whose attitudes and lack of focus are distracting to the class will receive one verbal and one written warning before they are recast and released from the program.
19. Exam Week
- Will be held annually during the first week of November
to assess your child's growth and progress. No trials or make-ups during this week. Progress Reports will be handed out in class during exam week. Promotions, if any, will occur shortly after the progress reports are issued and your instructor will notify you by email.
20. Late Pick-Ups
- Young performers must be picked up by parent/guardian immediately after classes end. A child not picked up more than 15 minutes after his/her last class ends will be charged a sitting charge of $1 for every minute after the allowed 15 minute pickup time.
21. Level Promotion Requirement
- For promotions to apply; the student must be enrolled in applicable classes and tuition paid through the end of the session. Performers will be promoted in level based on their ability, attendance and attitude in class, outside of class and during performances and rehearsals. Teachers will notify parents of level promotions.
22. Level Requirements
- If performers are not able to fulfill these requirements for intermediate/advanced Ballet, Jazz, or Hip Hop, enrollment into beginning level classes are recommended.
Intermediate Ballet: 2x per week plus an appropriate level Jazz 1x per week
Intermediate Jazz: 2x per week plus an appropriate level Ballet 1x per week
JR/SR Company Ballet & Jazz: 3x per week
Intermediate Hip Hop: 2x per week
JR/SR Company Hip Hop: 2x per week
Intermediate Musical Theatre: 2x per week plus half hour private vocal lessons 1x per week
23. Private Vocal Policy for Musical Theatre - Private vocal lessons must be booked at PDD via email@example.com
24. Session Time - Parents should be aware that in order for teachers and choreographers to stay on schedule, the last 3-5 minutes of every class will be used for brief parent communication, restroom breaks and change over of classes since groups typically start on the hour. So an hour class is really 55 minutes or a half hour class is 25 minutes.
25. Trial Week - Trials are strongly encouraged to ensure that performers enjoy the class prior to registering. Tuition and registration fees are non-refundable. The first week of every month will be designated for FREE Trials. If the class is full, a trial cannot be permitted. Please call the front desk at 671-0350 to schedule a FREE Trial. Trials will not be permitted from August-November due to performance rehearsals and Exam Week. Performers need to be the age of the class they are trying or enrolling in by Jan. 1st. Performers must be fully potty trained in order to enroll. Families must schedule in advance for a trial and receive a confirmation that they are scheduled before coming to class. ALL trials, no matter what age or prior experience must trial in a beginning/Level 1 class. We do not offer Trials for Private Lessons.
1 Unexcused Absence = First Strike, Yellow Slip
26. Costumes, Performance Fees and Ticket Sales - Once a performer commits to performances, he or she must attend all rehearsals in order to perform with his/her group. All costume deposits, balances, performance fees and ticket sales are due regardless if the performer drops out of a performance or not. Costume deposits are $25 plus tax with balances due of $25-$50 upon receipt of the costume. Performance fees are $25 plus tax and tickets sales $15-$25 per seat and all are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
27. Non-Performers - The month prior to shows for theatre and dance classes are closed to performing students only. Non-performing students will automatically be enrolled at the start of the next session.
28. Performance Requirement - Performers who have good attendance will be allowed to perform in our semi-annual productions. PDD will issue yellow and pink slips for absences. These slips will be used 3 months prior to a show for all classes and mandatory rehearsals. Students need to attend 90% of classes during the first 3 months of show prep to be included in the performance.
2 Unexcused Absence = Second Strike, Pink Slip
3 Unexcused Absence = Not allowed to perform in the show
Excused Absence = sickness, injury, bereavement
2 Excused Absences = 1 Unexcused Absence
Unexcused Missed "Performance" = Not allowed to perform in the following performances and the next concert. Teachers will re-stage the number to no longer include that performer
29. Rehearsals - Class time will be used for rehearsals 4-6 weeks leading up to a show. Concert rehearsals will be counted as class (therefore no refunds or make-ups for classes).
- Make-ups will be allowed with the following guidelines: 3 make-ups allowed per yearly session. No cross-genre classes for make-ups, unless no other class of the same type is offered. Class must be age and level appropriate. Once scheduled, make-up classes cannot be rescheduled. Make-ups for private music sessions must be coordinated with your music coach directly.
31. Private Music Cancellations
- Private Music Sessions have a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you cannot attend a booked lesson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Noe at (808) 226-0953 as soon as possible. If a student doesn't show or doesn't contact Noe to cancel his/her lesson with a notice of 48 hours, the account will be charged for the lesson and considered a no show.
32. Private Music Session Make-Ups
- There are no makeups for cancelled lessons. Charges are not applied for lesson cancellations if a 48 hour notice is given.